Hi ladies,
Something really ignited in me with the passing of Dolly Parton. I honestly feel so much joy watching her old videos, seeing her completely glammed up, every outfit, every glamorous hairstyle, and every pair of heels. It all inspires me so much. It made me realize that as women, we are here to inspire others simply by being fully ourselves, whatever that looks like for each of us.
I have always wanted to get ultra dolled up and wear heels even for a casual outing, but I would often hold myself back because I felt like I would be out of place or stand out too much. First world problems, I know lol!
So I have decided to embrace that part of myself instead of holding it back. YES, I love the sparkle. YES, I love the glam. YES, I love dressing up to go get coffee . I love the heels. I want to wear whatever makes me feel happy, beautiful, and confident, even if I am a little more dressed up than everyone else. When I used to live in London, I absolutely adored that part of the city - no one looks at you, you get to wear whatever you want. Here in Mexico, people are a bit more traditional and fit in the box a bit more so you do get some looks here and there but nothing too crazy.
This one of for you Dolly!! Just a casual Sunday OOTD with my doggie Lulu.
XOXO, Marilou Isabel
No comments
Post a Comment