Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Bring back Blackberry as a fashion statement


 

Is anyone else ready to bring back the BlackBerry as a fashion statement?

Holding a BlackBerry in your hand was the it-girl move in the late 2000s. I’m obviously thinking of Lauren Conrad in the later seasons of The Hills, BlackBerry in hand, Chanel double flap, effortlessly looking like she had somewhere very important to be.

I still remember saving €500 during my college days just to buy one, which felt like an absolute fortune for a phone at the time but I remember feeling so cool having one and being able to BBM my friends,

So when I recently discovered that you can still find BlackBerry phones on Amazon, I started thinking: why not bring one back? I’m seriously considering getting one as a burner phone for the days when I don’t want to be on social media but still want access to the basics : a phone number, calls, texts, and a little bit of independence from my smartphone. I am feeling SO saturated right now with social media : especially the reels and short content, I want either long Youtube makeup tutorials or no content!

XO,Marilou Isabel

SHARE:

No comments

© Marilou Isabel
Blogger Templates by pipdig